Recycling donated bikes to raise money for charity.
We are a volunteer run organisation, started in autumn 2014 with the help of some Lottery funding. We now have a growing team and have been busy fixing up donated bikes. The bikes we sell go through a detailed safety check and are fixed up where repairs are needed to bring them to full working order ready for sale. You can see details of the charities we support with the proceeds we make here.
The bikes aren’t fully refurbished beyond essential repairs so we can sell them at reasonable prices. We have bikes ranging from toddler to adult size and we take donated bikes and spare parts in any condition – we don’t let anything go to waste!
Big Bike Revival 2017 is coming!
We Are planning a repeat of our Big Bike Revival events this year in May/June at our base – see dates below:
– Sat 6th May 1400-1600 – bike check + puncture repair training (email for a place)
– Sun 21st May 1400-1600 – bike check + puncture repair training (email for a place)
– Fri 2nd June 1000-1600 – free bike checks & basic repairs, recycled bike sales, donation station, competitions, refreshments
– Sat 3rd June 1000-1600 – free bike checks & basic repairs, recycled bike sales, donation station, competitions, refreshments
– Sun 4th June 1400-1700 – free bike checks & basic repairs, recycled bike sales, donation station, competition, refreshments
BBR Launch Event!
CyclingUK are launching Big Bike Revival 2017 from our baser in Harrogate on Friday 28th April. Come and join us on the day for cycling advice, and get your bike checked / fettled for free, quiz the CyclingUK reps on what is going on in cycling around the country, or browse our selection of recycled bikes for sale. We will have a display of classic bikes from the decades to inspire you, competitions, and possibly also some cake.
No guarantees of any cake left later in the day!
Lots of bikes for sale
We have a few ‘ready to go’ bikes on the website and over lots of bikes waiting to be cleaned up. If you come and see one you like that isn’t ready we can usually have it ready to go in 1- 2 weeks. We have something for all ages. Please note – all the bikes you see in our yard are not yet ready for sale. Come inside to see the for-sale bikes or see them on our Bike List page on the website. We try and keep that up to date. There are also trikes and scooters that are ‘free to a good home’.